Have a burning passion to share an international experience? Want to explore the world even more while making an impact? Check out AIESEC in Canada’s #ShareYourStory Photo Contest! Simply follow the steps below to share your story across social media and you could get the chance to win a free exchange through AIESEC. Interested? Check out the requirements, terms and conditions below We can’t wait to see you #ShareYourStory!
- Entries must be shared on Facebook or Instagram and must tag the AIESEC Canada Facebook page or aiesecincanada Instagram page.
- Caption it with an interesting story about your exchange experience
- Use the hashtags #ShareYourStory &#Youth4GG
- Have the most likes and comments on your post by 11:59 February 17th
- Recipient must be approved for their exchange by May 31st 2017
Terms and Conditions
- Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to past exchange participants from Canada who participate in the #ShareYourStory photo contest and are between ages 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry.The Campaign is only open to legal residents of Canada, and is void where prohibited by law. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of AIESEC Canada as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
- Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on February 6th 2017 9AM EST and ending February 17th 11:59PM EST.
- How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by submitting an entry tagging AIESEC Canada inc. on Facebook or AIESECinCanada on instagram. The entry must fulfill all Campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of AIESEC Canada inc.. Optional verbiage to include: You may submit up to 5 entries. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of AIESEC Canada.
- Prizes: The Winner of the Campaign (the “Winner”) will receive a $500 reimbursement for participating in a Global Volunteer exchange. The prize will only be awarded once the exchange participant has begun their Global Volunteer exchange project abroad. The Winner may choose to use the $500 for themselves or transfer it to another exchange participant. The specifics of the prize and any transfer process shall be solely determined by AIESEC Canada inc. No other prize substitution shall be permitted except at AIESEC Canada Inc’s discretion. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for AIESEC Canada Inc. to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. The entry which receives the most likes and commented will be determined the Winner.
- Winner Selection and Notification: Winner is defined as the entry with the most likes and comments as determined by AIESEC Canada Inc. by the deadline of the contest. In the event of a tie, AIESEC Canada Inc. reserves the right to decide the winner using a random selection as defined by AIESEC Canada Inc. Winner will be notified via social media within five (5) days following selection of Winner. AIESEC Canada Inc shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 10 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT AIESEC Canada Inc’s SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that AIESEC Canada Inc, anyone acting on behalf of AIESEC Canada Inc, and AIESEC Canada Inc’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. Optional verbiage for Contests: By entering this content, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of AIESEC Canada Inc. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless AIESEC Canada Inc. from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which AIESEC Canada Inc. may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
- Terms & Conditions: AIESEC Canada Inc. reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond AIESEC Canada Inc.’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, AIESEC Canada Inc. may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by AIESEC Canada Inc. AIESEC Canada Inc. reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. AIESEC Canada Inc. has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, AIESEC Canada Inc. reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless AIESEC Canada Inc. and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
- Disputes: THIS Campaign IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF Canada AND Ontario, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Ontario having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: AIESEC Canada Inc. 164 Eglinton Ave. East. Toronto, Ontario M4P1A6 Canada. Requests must be received no later than February 28th 2017, 11:59 PM EST.
- Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Campaign is AIESEC Canada Inc. 164 Eglinton Ave. East. Toronto, Ontario M4P1A6 Canada.
- Facebook: If you use Facebook to communicate or administer a contest or sweepstakes, include the following: The Campaign hosted by AIESEC Canada Inc. is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook or Instagram.
- By Submitting an entry, you acknowledge that you agree to the terms and conditions as set forth by AIESEC Canada Inc.